Court of the Peculiar of the Lord Wardon of Savernake Forest
Return to the Wiltshire Probate Records page.
Step By Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will or administration (admon), writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court.
3. Contact or visit the Wiltshire Record Office or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library, or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
- The Wiltshire County Record Office's online Will Index 1540-1858
- Genuki provides a gateway to 1000 abstract Wills
Printed and Published Indexes
Wiltshire and Swindon Archives
Wiltshire and Swindon History Centre
Wiltshire SN15 3QN
Tel: 44 (0)1249 705500
Fax: 44 (0)1249 705527
Add information about the manuscript, printed and digital records in this location.
Original Wills & Administrations & Inventories 1584; 1617-1829
Family History Library Records
Note: The Catalog may not provide enough detail for this court. Please use the following to help you know which film numbers you need:
1617-1647--FHL film 97651
1670-1720--FHL film 97652 (not in order)
1720-1799--FHL film 97653 (not in order)
1780-1799--FHL film 97650
1800-1829--FHL film 189811
The parishes of Great and Little Bedwyn in the Court of the Peculiar of the Lord Warden of Savernake Forest were inhibited triennially by the Court of the Peculiar of the Dean of Salisbury Cathedral. The parish of Collingbourne Ducis in the Court of the Peculiar of the Lord Warden of Savernake Forest was inhibited triennially by the Court of the Bishop of Salisbury.