Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of Lincoln and of the Archdeacon in the Archdeaconry of Huntingdon
Step by Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will, writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court. Also see "Family History Library Records."
3. Contact or visit the Cambridgeshire County Record Office or hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library, or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Printed and Published Indexes
The Family History Library has copies of the following:
- Calendar of wills, 1615-1858, on film number 187854
- Index to Admon Bonds, 1662-1688, on film number 187904
- Index to inventories, 1607-1857, on film number 187855
- Calendars of Huntingdonshire wills, 1479-1652, compiled by W. M. Noble
The records for this court are held at the Cambridgeshire County Record Office.
Family History Library Records
The Family History Library has copies of the following: *Registered copy wills 1479-1645, 1663-1678, 1690-1857 *Original wills 1631, 1646-1649, 1652, 1661-1662, 1679-1689
*Admon act books 1559-1614, 1691-1857
*Admon bonds 1662-1688
Films can be viewed in the library or in a family history center.
All of Huntingdonshire except for the prebendal courts. From 1479-1609, this court also had jurisdiction over 77 parishes in Hertfordshire and Everton in Bedford.