Difference between revisions of "Court of the Bishop of Lincoln (Episcopal Consistory)"
(added info and links)
(deleted dup heading)
|Line 37:||Line 37:|
Revision as of 21:38, 25 May 2009
The Archdeaconry of Bedfordshire was in the Diocese of Lincoln until 1837. Therefore before that time, the Court of the Bishop of Lincoln (Episcopal Consistory) had secondary jurisdiction over the whole of Bedfordshire except the peculiars of Biggleswade and Leighton Buzzard.
The original records are in the collection of the Lincolnshire Archives Office in the city of Lincoln. The records include:
- Original and register copy wills, 1506-1858
- Act books, 1553-1701
- Administrations, 1540-1857
- Inventories, 1508-1831
For research assistance, contact the archives office.
The records have been microfilmed and are available at the Family History Library and through family history centers. These include:
The Lincolnshire Archives Office has an online index to Lincolnshire wills, 1701-1800.
The Family History Library has indexes including:
- Indexes on the films with the records.
- Various published indexes for early years.