Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall
For an explanation of probate records in England, click here.
This court was inhibited by the Court of the Bishop's Registrar of Exeter. The original records of the Court of the Archdeacon of Cornwall are in the County Record Office.
The court had jurisdiction over the Devonshire parishes of North Petherwin, St. Giles on the Heath, and Werrington.
The Family History Library has copies of the following records on film. Films can be viewed in a family history center.
- Wills and probate records, 1578-1700
- Original wills, administrations and inventories for the Consistorial Court of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall, 1579-1859
- Cornish probate records at Cornwall Record Office, 1800-1857
- Miscellaneous probate records, 1570-1799
- Transcript of Cornish wills, from the probate registry of Truro compiled by Olive Moger
- Probate will indexes, 1569-1664 arranged by parish.
- Calendar of wills, administrations and accounts relating to the counties of Cornwall and Devon in the Connotorial Archdeaconal Court of Cornwall edited by R. M. Glencross
- Index to Cornish probate records, 1600-1649.
- Calendars of wills and administrations relating to the counties of Devon and Cornwall : 1532-1800
- Calendar of wills and administrations relating to the counties of Devon and Cornwall proved in the consistory court ..., 1532-1800, edited by Edward Alexander Fry
- Probate will indexes, 1569-1664
- Parish index to wills, Jan 1660 - Nov 1857