Court of the Archdeaconry of Leicester
This court had jurisdiction over the entire county of Leicester, except peculiars.
Getting Started: Step by Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will, writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to the "Probate Records Held in This Archive" (below) to determine what original probate records exist for this court. Also see "Probate Records of This Court in The Family History Library".
3. Contact or visit The Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland or hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library, or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records;&nbsp;then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the&nbsp;original wills and admons also on microfilm via centersnear you.
Microfilm of originals at the Leicester Record Office and Family History Library
Index to the wills and administrations proved and granted in the Archdeaconry Court of Leicester, 1660-1750 
Index to wills and administrations found in the Leicester District Probate registry, 1751-1858 
The Record Office
The Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland Address: Long Street, Wigston Magna, Leicester, LE18 2AH Telephone: 0116 257 1080. Email: email@example.com
The Family History Library
- Church of England. Bishop of Lincoln. Commissary Court (Archdeaconry of Leicester) 1500-1858 
- Church of England. Bishop of Lincoln. Commissary Court (Archdeaconry of Leicester)ca. 1495-1857 
- Church of England. Bishop of Lincoln. Commissary Court (Archdeaconry of Leicester) Uncompleted wills and administrations, ca. 1600-1900 
The Whole County Except Peculiar Courts