Coryell County, Texas Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Arnett | Ater | Bee House (Boyd's Cove) | Cavitt | Copperas Cove | Coryell City (Rainey's Creek) | Evant (Langford Cove - part in Hamilton County)| Flat | Fort Gates | Fort Hood | Gatesville | Ireland | Jonesboro (part in Hamilton County) | King | Leon Junction | Levita | Mound | Mountain | Oglesby | Osage | Pancake | Pearl | Pidcoke | Purmela | South Mountain | South Purmelia | The Grove | Topsey | Turnersville | Whitson
Henson's Creek | Spring Hill | Station Creek | Turnover | Lincolnville
Court Dockets 1861, 1868-1870 from the Coryell County TXGenWeb site
- History of Coryell County, 1965 by Zelma Scott.
- Coryell County, Texas, Families, 1854–1985, published 1986, by the Coryell County Genealogical Society.
- Copperas Cove, City of Five Hills: A Centennial History, 1980, by Jerry K. Smith and Patrick D. McLaughlin.
- Gatesville 1884 Panoramic Map from the Amon Carter Museum.
- Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the Texas Genweb site
Fort Gates, originally Camp Gates, established in 1849 to protect the settlers.
Coryell County Soldiers from the Coryell County TXGenWeb site.
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903
Societies and Libraries
- Gatesville Public Library
111 N 8th St
Gatesville, TX 76528-1461
- Coryell County Genealogy Society
Gatesville Public Library
111 N 8th Street
Gatesville, TX 76528
- Coryell County TXGenWeb site
- Linkpendium - Coryell County website links
- Coryell County, Texas Old Photos
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).