Corson County, South Dakota Genealogy
Corson County, South Dakota genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Corson County, South Dakota|
Location in the state of South Dakota
Location of South Dakota in the U.S.
|Founded||March 2, 1909|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Corson County Courthouse
200 1st St East
McIntosh, SD 57641
Register of Deeds has birth, death and land records from 1909;
County Treasurer has marriage records, Clerk Ccourt has
divorce, probate and court records
- Adams County, North Dakota
- Emmons County, North Dakota
- Sioux County, North Dakota
1905, 1915, 1925 State Censuses --Unique information could include: Ethnic Background, Maiden Name, Church Affiliation & Military Service
1905 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1915 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1925 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
- 1935 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
- 1945 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
Church records vary significantly depending on the denomination and the record keeper. They may contain information about members of the congregation, such as age, date of baptism, christening, or birth; marriage information and maiden names; and death date. For general information about South Dakota denominations, view the South Dakota Church Records wiki page.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002)Corson County, South Dakota, p.623
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).