Corona California Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
We are open to serve the community, but hours are restricted by the volunteers' schedules.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 1123 S. Lincoln Ave Corona, CA 92882 United States
- Enter using south gate, center is in the wing closest to the handicap parking places.
- It is across from Corona High School
- Tuesday:9:00am-12:00pm and 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Wednesday:9:00am-3:00pm and 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Thursday:10:00am-1:00pm and 7:00pm-9:00pm
Closed December for Christmas holiday:
Calendar and Events
Our quarterly Staff and Ward Temple and Family History Consultant Meeting will be held
Oct. 5th at 7:00
in the Primary Room next to the Family History Center
We will have classes on Scanning pictures to put in FamilySearch and the use of
Picasa to edit them and help enter them.
Bring photos to scan and a flash drive to store your information to take home.
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Bonn, Germany films
- New England Book Collections
Hardware and Equipment
3 film readers and 1 film scanner with copy to flash drive capability
Staff Research Specialties
Some German and Spanish research assistance available by appointment. Contact Jean Wilcox Hibben for German assistance at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources in the Local Area
National Archives and Records Administration, 23123 Cajalco Rd., near Perris, CA (off the I-215) <fck:hr>
Volunteer at the Center
Interested in volunteers who are able to serve on weekdays, during the day, esp. those already knowledgable about FamilySearch, Ancestry.com, and other databases. </fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr>