Coos County, Oregon Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 06:51, 19 September 2008 by Dsammy (tabled/bulleted towns)
United States > Oregon > Coos County
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
- The county seat is Coquille.
- Named after a tribe of Native Americans who lived in the area.
- Trivia Tidbits: Little biographic bits associated with the names of non-population localities.
- Part was taken to form Curry County 18 December 1855.
Records Held at the Courthouse
- County Records Inventory listing the records held at the Coos County Court House as of August/September 2004.
Places / Localities
Societies and Libraries
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Coos County
- The Coos County GenWeb Project part of The ORGenWeb Project, a state project affiliated with The USGenWeb Project
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Coos County