Difference between revisions of "Cooper County, Missouri Genealogy"
|Line 57:||Line 57:|
==== Church ====
==== Court ====
==== Court ====
Revision as of 20:35, 22 April 2013
Guide to Cooper County Missouri genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Cooper County, Missouri|
Location of Missouri in the U.S.
|Founded||December 17, 1818|
|Address|| Cooper County Courthouse |
200 Main Street
PO Box 123
Boonville, MO 65233-0123
Cooper County Website
- 1 County Court House
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
County Court House
County Clerk has birth and death records 1883-1893
and burial records; Circuit Clerk has marriage,
divorce, court and naturalization records from 1819
and land records from 1812; Associate Circuit Court
has probate record from 1828
See an interactive map of Cooper County boundary changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all 114 Missouri Counties.
For tips on accessing Cooper County, Missouri Genealogy census records online, see: Missouri Census.
St. Peter and Paul, Boonville
- 1850-1876 - St. Peter and Paul, Boonville, Baptism Index 1850-1876. Batch C511771 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1851-1876 - St. Peter and Paul, Boonville, Marriage Index 1851-1857, 1867-1876. Batch M511771 at FamilySearch - free.
A history of Cooper County, Missouri from the first visit by white men, in February, 1804, to the fifth day of July, 1876 by Levens and Drake (1876) is available online free from Google Books.
- Map of Cooper County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Cooper County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
Civil War Battle
The following Civil War Battle was fought in Cooper County
Map showing Civil War battles in Missouri
- Newspaperarchive.com ($) has historical newspapers available on-line. Their database has Jefferson City newspapers and Sedalia newspapers from the late 1800's and early 1900's covering local news that included residents from Cooper County communities.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Cooper County, Missouri. Page 399 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/5/5a/Igimissouria.pdf.
- Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 9 August 2012)