Converse County, Wyoming Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 02:21, 19 July 2011 by DiltsGD (III)
Converse County, Wyoming is a county in Eastern Wyoming.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
|Bill||Douglas||Lost Springs||Rolling Hills|
Early migration routes to and from Converse County, Wyoming Genealogy for European and African American settlers included:
- Platte River
- Oregon Trail 1830s to 1890s from western Missouri to Oregon City, Oregon
- California Trail 1846 to 1869 from western Missouri to northern California
- Mormon Trail 1846 to 1869 from Nauvoo, Illinois to Salt Lake City, Utah
- Bozeman Trail 1863 from Fort Fetterman near Douglas, Wyoming to Virginia City, Montana
Societies and Libraries
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Jim Tompkins, "The Oregon Trail 1841-1848 Map III" in Oregon Trail Landmarks at http://www.oregonpioneers.com/OTMap3.jpg (accessed 18 July 2011).
- "Oregon California Trails Association" at http://octatrails.micromaps.com/ (accessed 18 July 2011).
- "The Pioneer Story: The Mormon Pioneer Trail" in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at http://lds.org/gospellibrary/pioneer/pioneerstory.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- "Bozeman Trail" in Legends of America at http://www.legendsofamerica.com/na-armyindianwars3.html (accessed 18 July 2011).