Coniscliffe, Durham Genealogy
Coniscliffe is an ancient parish and the church dedicated to St Edwin is a Norman church which underwent restoration in 1892. The parish on the banks of the River Tees includes High and Low Coniscliffe,Carlbury and Thornton Hall.
The Parish Registers for the period 1590-1979 are deposited at Durham County Record Office, County Hall, Durham, DH1 5UL (EP/Co).
Durham University Library Archives and Special Collections DDR/EA/PBT/2/58 1762-1846 Parish Register transcripts are available to search free online at Record Search.
The dates of the post-1760 transcripts have been noted in detail and sometimes only cover years. For most parishes in the collection there are gaps in the sequence of transcripts. It is advisable to consult the original parish registers for these years and events.