Confederate Census Records
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 02:33, 20 August 2011 by Larry0011 (moved info from Conf. Census Records section of United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 to here)
The following federal and state censuses recorded specific information on Confederate soldiers. See the Family History Library Catalog for complete film numbers.
- The Thirteenth Population Census of the United States, 1910. National Archives Microfilm Publication T624. (On 1,784 FHL films beginning with 1374014.) This census recorded whether an individual was a survivor of the Confederate Army (CA) or the Confederate Navy (CN). Some Southern states took special censuses of Confederate veterans. Those at the Family History Library include:
- 1907 state census. (FHL films 1533727–30.) Includes the name, address, birth date and place, rank, date of entry into service, unit, date and place of discharge.
- 1921 state census. (FHL films 1533719–23; film 1533730.) Includes name, date and place of birth, length of residency, wife’s age and place of birth, date and place of marriage, living children, place of residence, and occupation.
- 1927 state census. (FHL films 1533723 item 2 and 1533724.) Includes the veteran’s name, widow’s name, age, birth date, and marriage date.
1911 State Censuses
- McLane, Bobbie Jones, and Capitola Glazner, comps. Arkansas 1911 Census of Confederate Veterans. Three Volumes. (S.L.; S.N.), 1977–1981. (FHL book 976.7 X2m; fiche 6019335.) Arranged alphabetically by name of veteran with brief biographical sketches which may contain the following: residence, birth date and place, parents, wife’s maiden name and parents, military service, and children.
- 1911 state census. (FHL film 0483489 and 1704157 item 14.)
- Jenks, Houston C. An Index to the Census of 1911 of Confederate Veterans or Their Widows: Pursuant to Act 71 of 1908. Jenks: Baton Rouge, Louisiana; H. C. Jenks, 1989. (FHL book 976.3 M22j; film 1822969 item 12.) Contains name of veteran or widow, parish, age, state where enlisted, regiment and company, property valuation, livelihood (including some relationships), infirmities, date of marriage, and reel number where information is found.