Difference between revisions of "Concho County, Texas Genealogy"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
''[[United States|United States]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png|go to]] [[Texas|Texas]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png|go to]] [[Texas Counties C|Counties C]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png|go to]] Concho County'' <br>
Revision as of 15:17, 15 March 2013
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Concho County Courthouse
PO Box 98
Paint Rock, TX 76866-0098
County Clerk has birth records from 1800,
marriage, probate and land records from 1879,
burial records from 1883, death records from 1903,
divorce and court records from 1907
Concho | Eden | Eola | Lightner | Lowake | Millersview | Paint Rock | Pasche | Vick
- Concho County History: 1858-1958, 2 vols., 1959, by Hazie LeFevre.
- Concho County History from the Handbook of Texas Online.
Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the TXGenWeb site.
- Marriage Records 1879-1920, Concho County, 2002, published by the San Angelo Genealogical and Historical Society, 74 pages including an index. Available from the San Angelo Genealogical and Historical Society
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Concho County, TXGenWeb site
- TXGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county
- Family History Library Catalog
A wiki article describing an online collection is found at:
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Concho County, Texas. Page 661 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).