Community Wiki Support Meeting 27 March 2014
WebEx ID: 997 636 893; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: Local / International: 1-801-240-9700 U.S. Toll-Free: 1-855-537-4000; 9:00' am. Mountain time on Thursdays'
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
Kudos go to ...
- Marilyn for work on Welcoming committee
Priority items for this meeting:
- Welcome to Jim Landucci who joins us today
- Ruth Heeder's husband starting training soon
- Charles: Yammer notes has our thought and prayer list - also links to Charles' lessons, etc
- Yammer- be sure you are a member of FamilySearch Wiki and Contributors group
- training on Yammer chat and desktop app, email, etc
- Training on Yammer (For technical issues - Skype, Contributors - Yammer)
- How are County Seat pages going?
- Explain the reason for updating the Main page.
- Rick fixing red links and others are making pages to avoid them being red links, yet they have no content. - we have lost content missionaries as they were assigned to other projects (per Giuseppe). Sandra has been sending out letters (see Yammer for letter to Genealogy Societies)
- Danielle Batson is our content strategist
- Right sidebar, some changes have gone live(see below) - in anticipation of main page change
- World map discussion
- Help page - possibly using scrollbars as in Jim's page
- SalesForce uploads needing to be approved as soon as they submit (fs.org emails):
Updates and follow up
- Needed training:
- New page for the Wiki Missionary Training Lessons
- Training/new missionaries & Volunteers
- Maintenance Report - Sandra
- Contact to Genealogical and Historical Societies in County Seat Project
- Tech updates
- Tech updates
Patrolling and Salesforce Review
- Did you see anything while patrolling this past week that would be interesting to discuss with the team?
- See what is being touched.
Right sidebar is looking different to me (Linda) - is someone changing it or is it that I am just noticing it?
- Right sidebar - Under VOLUNTEER:
- has "Family History Centers" - as a patron I would think this would help me find a FHC, but goes to this page FamilySearch Wiki:Using the Wiki in FamilySearch Centers - Question? Would it be appropriate to put a link on that page, with some sort of wording - such as To find a FHC near you, go to or the the actual web page (link found on FS main page)?
- Now has Personal Sandbox - KUDOS
- Right sidebar - VIEWS - the item "Protect" - does that lock the page or what does it do?
- Catch potential attacks
- What did you learn this week that you want to share?
- What do you need help with?
- Do you have questions or suggestions regarding others are working on?
- Moderator Support report
For next week:
- New Contributor Support report:
|Team Member||Support Assignments||Content Project||User Name|
|Blake||Volunteers, Overviews, Graphics|
|Charles||Non-English wiki, FHC Pages||Thurston County - FHL Catalog, York County||Ccsmith|
|Diana||Adoption Committee||Colorado, Kentucky||Diana47judy|
|LaVera||Welcoming Committe new people, Categories||Help pages project-slow but steady.||Parrisl|
|Lee||Developing Training - Non-English, Tech||Non-English, Tech Training, SF Development||Ldrew|
|Linda||New volunteers||Submit Wiki Content||Lindachappell|
|Robin||Volunteers, Moderators, Training Lessons for New Volunteers||South Carolina Moderator, contributing to African American Research and Columbia, South Carolina||SavingStories|
Supervisor Training or Updates
Improve the Wiki