Community Wiki Support Meeting 20 June 2013
MeetingPlace ID: 3232; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 '9:30' am. Mountain time on Thursdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Introduce new members
Kudos go to ...
- THE WHOLE TEAM. All the work I see is so good and I love how the red pages are going away ion many pages. Sister Pond
- Mark on Somerset England articles - adding personal knowledge
- Lee and Robin - on Janell's vacation.
- Whole Team - for working together and in such a way to keep things going.
- Whole Team - answering Mark's questions
- Lee - Time spent on FHL template training
- Howard - Connecticut adpot- a-page badges are up
Priority items for this meeting:
- Goal for this item:
- Steps to achieve this goal:
- Assignments and dates of completion:
- Evaluation date:
Updates and follow up
- Maintenance Report - All is going well. The out of date sections are down by half in the last 3 months. And we are keeping the many other to 0 or at least no gains. Thanks Sandra
- Review of Individual Assignments
- Evaluation of goals set from previous meetings:
- Blogs to follow, etc. - Lee
- AC - hold off for the new wifi router; increasing in bandwidth (100X more)
- Bandwith - amount of speed and how much data you can receive without interruptions. Bandwidth speed test: http://www.speedtest.net/
Worked on this Week
|Blake -|| |
|Charles - District missionaries to FHC- overview of FS Wiki, how to research; ; Offer to assist missionaries; Lee: work with youth before they come out; developing Thurston County, Washington article|| |
|Dennis - County location maps for Georiga; Washington/ Maine needs maps, patrolling;|| |
|Howard - Welcoming, adopt-a-page, patrolling, helping share resources with newbies (5) http://histfam.familysearch.org, with missionaries, Uses FS pass-along card from online store|| |
|Janell -|| |
|LaVera - Patrolling, Amdocs cases, Welcomed 8 new people, editing help pages|| |
|Lee - Training, Coding, Templates, Putting out Fires, More Fires|| |
|Mark - Amdocs, patrolling, Project pages not getting categories on new pages - Switzerland, Somerset - improving articles|| |
|Rick -|| |
|Robin - Working with FHL Consultants, New volunteer assignments (also giving access to G+ Community and Skype). First youth contributor|| |
|Rorie - 35 Wanted pages Working on new training|| |
|Sandra -: Great meeting with Mark. He is really getting it and going out and creating many new pages. I am working on adding and changing Categories. One is a Extinct Counties Category on all state pages and it is being linked to all the counties pages that are Extinct Counties in the U S, plus the regular.|| |
Categories - write to others on their Talk Pages to let them know about categories
Namespace- like filing cabinet. Example: Help:Contributor Help
If no prefix then it is part of the Main.Do a search for articles on Namespaces.
Default search: Main, Help, FamilySearch Wiki (preferences can be changed)
Search in Wiki is determined by Namespace. Default search is Main Namespace
- Produces this on the page:
- Here's the link to the item in the catalog:
Improve the Wiki