- 1 Wiki Contributor Help Forum Added 05/03/2011
- 2 FamilySearch Wiki Reaches a Milestone 50,000 articles! - 15 March 2011
- 3 Family History on TV - 7 March 2011
- 4 Another way to search the wiki -21 Feb 2011
- 5 RootsTech news reports mentions the Wiki - 20 Feb 2011
- 6 Wiki Contributors Corner Forum - 22 December 2010
- 7 Update from Search Product Management - Pilot vs Beta - 8 November 2010
- 8 Watch and Unwatch Bug - 9 July 2010
- 9 Wiki Success Stories
- 10 Having difficulty signing in or combining accounts?
- 11 Newly Published Collections on Family Search
Wiki Contributor Help Forum Added 05/03/2011
A new forum has been created especially for contributors to the Wiki to get your questions answered about how to do something, or how to fix a problem you are having. Visit the new forum at Contributor Help Forum to post a question, or maybe help another contributor by answering one. You will also find links to the forum posted on the Help pages.
FamilySearch Wiki Reaches a Milestone 50,000 articles! - 15 March 2011
Congratulations are in order! Last Thursday, the 50,000th FamilySearch Wiki article was created. We've come a long way since the first 800 articles were created based on the FamilySearch Research Outlines three years ago.
Most of all, many thanks go to the wonderful users and and contributors to the FamilySearch Wiki. We would not be where we are today without all of your help and contributions. It certainly won't take another 3 years to complete the next 50,000 articles. We look forward to working with you towards 100,000!
Family History on TV - 7 March 2011
- I don't know when this new page was added, but today I noticed the link at the bottom of the Learn page. When visiting FamilySearch.org, click on the Learn tab
- At the bottom of this screen you will also see the link to Family Tech that was added during the RootsTech conference.
- Under the Family Tech link there is a new line of text that includes the link to the new page:
- Towards the middle of this new page there is a link that says:
- Read more about Television Shows and Family History – guess where this takes you?
- You’re right . . . the Wiki !!!
- Enjoy the new content on both the Family History on TV page and the corresponding wiki page, Television Shows and Family History.
Another way to search the wiki -21 Feb 2011
The Family-ology website has a tab labeled Research Wiki that can be used to view alphabetical lists of the content pages available in the wiki. Plus, they also provide a search feature! Check it out!
RootsTech news reports mentions the Wiki - 20 Feb 2011
- RootsTech Conference: Convergence brings new technological uses Gadgets, Internet are boon to genealogists.
- Managing RootsTech knowledge - a new page in the wiki was created to capture RootsTech presentations
- RootsTech: The History of Your Family is in the Future
- RootsTech - Day 2 - mentions Wiki engineer Don Stringham's presentation of creating Wiki templates
- RootsTech Ketchup - ok, now we're really stretching, but it's still an interesting article
- Add additional articles as they are discovered.
Wiki Contributors Corner Forum - 22 December 2010
Wiki page Moderators and Adoptors! Stay up-to-date and give your input on issues that matter to you on the Wiki Contributors Corner Forum.
Update from Search Product Management - Pilot vs Beta - 8 November 2010
Watch and Unwatch Bug - 9 July 2010
Some maintenance updates were installed on the wiki Thursday night (last night). As a result, a new bug was introduced that impacts the Watch/Unwatch feature in the wiki. Here’s a brief description of what you will experience:
When you are watching a page, the Unwatch link shows up (like it always does). Due to the bug, the Watch link will still be there, even though you are already watching the page (this is the bug).
However, if you are not watching a page, you will only see the single option to "Watch" the page. You will not see the additional "Unwatch" option.
The engineers have isolated the problem and identified a fix. They will be testing the fix and installing it to the live wiki site once the testing is completed.
Thanks to everyone for quickly reporting the problem. As a result of your watchful eyes over the wiki, we were able to quickly call in the troops and work toward the solution in a timely manner!
See also, Technical Meeting Agenda for 26 October 2010.
Wiki Success Stories
Have a Wiki success story to share with the community? We want to read about it!
Having difficulty signing in or combining accounts?
Tell us at Tech Support on the Forums. The fastest way to get help! We are listening.
Newly Published Collections on Family Search
08/18/2010 FamilySearch announces many more collections added to Historical Records, totalling 200 million names. Included are the 1910 US Census (additional data, still in progress), various additional data from vital records in several states, and about half this total is from 18 different other countries. This is said to have made familysearch.org's collection nearly the largest international family history data resource known at present.
October 2010 new collections for Historic Records are now only published in FamilySearch Beta as the closure of the Record Search site approaches FSbeta may be found at: http://fsbeta.familysearch.org
New collections added 20 October 2010
Ghana 1982-1984 Census (FamilySearch Historical Records)
Idaho County Marriages (FamilySearch Historical Records) additional indexes and images added
Germany, Mecklenburg-Schwerin Censuses (FamilySearch Historical Records)
28 October 2010
Norway 1875 Census (FamilySearch Historical Records) additional image included
Puerto Rico Civil Registration Records (FamilySearch Historical Records) additional images included
Arkansas County Marriages (FamilySearch Historical Records) additional indexes and images added
Minnesota State Census, 1865 (FamilySearch Historical Records) new indexed records
U.S., Minnesota State Census, 1905 1,973,884 indexed records and 52,150 digital images added
New Collections added 29 October 2010
New Collections added 5 November 2010
a further 15 collections were reworked or added to
New Collections added 9 November 2010
New York, Naturalization Indexes (FamilySearch Historical Records) Eastern District
3 December 2010
FamilySearch Historical Records added collection 500 North Carolina County Marriage Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)