Community Meeting Agenda 6 October 2009
Be bold! Post your agenda items!
Feel free to post on the agenda any items you wish to cover during the meeting. If your item requires details or feedback, post some details on the discussion page and link to the discussion from the agenda.
- Assignment of time keeper and note taker
- Introduction of new members: 10 seconds for name and desired takeaways.
- Review of Minutes
- Today's agenda preview
Articles about Record Search Collections
At the end of the 08Sep2009 meeting, we came up with a proposed solution for the question on Worldwide vs. Regional libraries. I believe we wanted Dsammy's input to make sure it satisfies his needs. I have posted to his talk page, but maybe it should be discussed here. The proposed solution may be viewed at this link. Thomas Lerman 18:38, 29 September 2009 (UTC)
Deleting Portal Pages
My name is Eduardo H Seoane I have been migrating the Portal pages to the Un-Portal, (new pages) pages. At first I wanted to delete the Portal pages right away but saw a need for their continued existence, at least for the time being. Currently, Portal pages are being redirected to the New Pages and not deleted. However, this causes a problem when one wants to edit the new page, by not allowing one to edit all of the content of the new page. If one enters the new page directly without being redirected the problem does not exist. One would think that deleting the Portal page would solve the problem, but this is not so. Many wiki Users have added the URL of the Portal page to their Favorites list and automatically go to the Portal; once the Portal is deleted they will lose that link to the new page and might not find it (they might get frustrated and play somewhere else). So, In hopes of resolving this issue, I have a proposal:
- Do not delete the Portals for the time-being
- Delete the redirect to the New Page
- Add a hyperlink to the Portal page directing the user to the New Page
- Give instruction to add the New Page to the users Favorites
- Give indication as to when the Portal will be deleted
- Lastly, after the allotted time has expired, delete the Portals
I hope we can discuss this soon before I get too far along in the migration process.
- MEETING NOTES from 29Sep: We briefly discussed this, but Sammy asked for it to be moved to next week. Password 17:48, 2 October 2009 (UTC)