Comanche County, Oklahoma Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 14:37, 30 August 2011 by Sandralpond (add links to FHC's)
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1901--Comanche County was created in 1901 from Kiowa-Comanche-Apache and Wichita-Caddo lands.
County seat: Lawton 
- NewspaperArchive.com ($) has historical newspapers online including Lawton newspapers that covered local news on Comanche County residents. This database is free at some libraries.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).