Colorado Population Schedule Indexes: Fiche, Film, or Book
- Ronald Vern Jackson, A.I.S. U.S. Census Indexes (on Microfiche) (Bountiful, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems, 1984). Also in Ancestry.com online.
- Search 1 1607-1819 Entire United States
- Search 2 1820-1829 Entire United States
- Search 3 1830-1839 Entire United States
- Search 4 1840-1849 Entire United States
- Search 5 1850-1860 Southern States
- Search 6 1850 New England and northern states
- Search 7 1850-1906 Midwestern and western states
- Search 7a 1850-1906 Entire United States (searches 5, 6, and 7 combined)
- Search 8 U.S. Mortality schedules
- For a resource guide to using them, see Accelerated Indexing Systems U.S. Census Indexes (on Microfiche).
- Soundex index available
- Use the Denver Street Index (Family History Library fiche 6331481) to help locate individuals in the census.
- Soundex index available
- The federal government took a census of Colorado. See Custer County, Colorado, census index : 1885 state census, 1900 & 1910 federal census Family History Library Book 978.852 X2c
- partial Soundex index exists
- Ronald Vern Jackson, Colorado 1870 census index(North Salt Lake, Utah : Accelerated Indexing Systems, c1981) [FHL US/CAN Book 978.8 X22j 1870]
- Raeone Christensen Steuart, Colorado 1870 census index, A-Z (Bountiful, Utah : Heritage Quest, c2000) [FHL US/CAN Book 978.8 X22c 1870]
- Weld County Genealogical Society, Colorado Territory census index, 1870 (Greeley, Colorado : Weld County Genealogical Society, 1977) [FHL US/CAN Book 978.8 X2w 1870 index and FHL US/CAN Film 1036745 Item 2]
- Heritage Quest.; United States. Census Office, Family Quest archives : AZ, CA, CO, ID, MT, NV, NM, OR, UT, WA, and WY 1870 census index([Bountiful, Utah] : Heritage Quest, ©2000). CD-ROM for computer.
- Colorado Historical Society has a card index to the 1860 census. Separate indexes for the Nebraska and New Mexico portions are included in the 1860 indexes for those territories. An index to Arapahoe County, Kansas (where most of Colorado's 1860 population lived) is found in search 7A on the AIS census index on microfiche. An 1870 Colorado Territory census and index are also at the Family History Library.
An 1860 federal territorial census was taken in the four territories from which Colorado was created.
Northeastern Section-- enumerated with Nebraska 1860 census schedules designated "unorganized territory."
Central Eastern section-- enumerated with Arapahoe County, Kansas Territory.
Southeast section-- enumerated in parts of Taos and Mora Counties of New Mexico Territory.Since half of the state of Colorado, included in the Utah Territory was not settled, no census was taken in that area.
- Ronald Vern Jackson, Colorado 1860 census index(North Salt Lake, Utah : Accelerated Indexing Systems, c1987) [FHL US/CAN Book 978.8 X22j 1860]