Colorado, United States Genealogy
|Colorado Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
| Welcome to ,|
the Centennial State
Most pre-statehood settlers of began arriving at the time of the gold rush of 1858. They came from the northeastern and midwestern states, especially New York, Illinois, Missouri, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. Some came from the , and a few settlers came from the southern states, the , and from other countries including England, Ireland, Germany, Sweden, Scotland, and Wales. Latter-day Saint settlements were made in the in the 1870s and 1880s.
The , including the , the , the , and the , had largely been removed to in by 1870. The living in western did not give up their lands to white settlement until after 1880, when most of them were moved to reservations in .
|How to about Colorado, United States Genealogy Ancestors|
Extinct or Renamed Counties: Arapahoe (KS) | Broderick (KS) | Carbonate | El Paso (KS) | Fremont (KS) | Greenwood | Guadalupe | Montana (KS) | Mora (NM) | North Park | Oro (KS) | Peketon (KS) | Taos (NM) | Uncompahgre | Washington (KS old)
- State and County Genealogy Records Resources
- Find which county a town is in, what town a cemetery is in, even where a postoffice or building is by using the 's Geographical Names Information System.
- David Rumsey Map Collection is a large online collection of rare, old, antique historical atlases, globes, maps, charts plus other cartographic treasures.
- The GenWeb Project has a wealth of information.
- USGenWeb , collected genealogical information. Also has search page
- to the Past - free online genealogical & historical information
- , links to various genealogical sites/organization for .
- Access Genealogy: Genealogy has a wealth of information.
- Roots-L Resources - Genealogical and Historical Resources on the Net
- Cyndi's List of Genealogical Sites on the Internet for
- BYU Research Outline for - downloads PDF file.
- FamilySearch Historical Record Collections for
- Looking 4 Kin Genealogy & Family History Network -
A wiki article describing this collection is found at:
- 1885 State Census (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- , Statewide Marriage Index (FamilySearch Historical Records)
Obtain additional help
- Call or chat with an experienced researcher
- Join a Facebook Group
- Consult a Professional Genealogist
Help with the Wiki pages
In order to make this wiki a better research tool, we need your help! Many tasks need willing volunteers. You can help:
- Expand county articles
- Check links on pages
- ...and more
To add your knowledge and help expand the wiki click here: