Cody Wyoming Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
Location Map: Location Map
Address: 1407 Heart Mountain, Cody, Wyoming 82414
- Enter the door from the east parking lot. The door will be locked. Ring the bell and a staff member will admit you.
- Language: English
Family History Center director: email@example.com
- Tuesday: 1:00pm-4:00pm and 6:30pm-9:00pm
- Wednesday: 1:00pm-4:00pm and 6:30pm-9:00pm
Closed all major holidays.
Every fourth Tuesday of the month, 7:00pm - 9?:00pm
Staff Training Meetings
Every fourth Sunday of the month, 4:30pm
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Cody Family History Center has over 1100 microfilms plus microfiche in-house.
- Also available are local histories, genealogies and cemetery records.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- The Center has several resources to help patrons do their research including computers, microfilm readers, microfiche readers, printers and scanners.
Staff Research Specialties
The staff is friendly and knowledgeable in research and technology assistance.
Resources in the Local Area
The Park County Courthouse is three blocks from the Center and the Park County Public Library is located one block away making this a great place to research.
Cody Chamber of Commerce can be contacted at www.codychamber.org
Park County Courthouse website iswww.parkcounty.us
Wyoming state information can be found at www.wyoarchives.state.wy.us
Volunteer at the Center
If you would like to work in the Family History Center, please contact the Center director. We like volunteers who know how to research, who are computer savy and willing to help other people find their families. But we are happy to train you, too.