Clinton County, Michigan Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Clinton County Courthouse
100 E State St.
P. O. Box 69
St. Johns, MI 48879-1571
- Named for DeWitt Clinton, U.S. Senator and Governor of New York
1831--Clinton County was created 2 March 1831 from unoganized territory. It was attached to Kent and Shiawassee Counties prior to organization 12 March 1869. County seat: St. Johns 
- Cities: DeWitt . East Lansing . Grand Ledge . St. Johns
- Villages: Eagle . Elsie . Fowler . Hubbardston . Maple Rapids . Ovid . Westphalia
- Townships: Bath . Bengal . Bingham . Dallas . DeWitt . Duplain . Eagle . Essex . Greenbush . Lebanon . Olive . Ovid . Riley . Victor . Watertown . Westphalia
- Communities: Bath . Eureka . Matherton . Shepardsville . Wacousta
- Michigan Birth Registrations, 1867-1902 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch - Pilot. Records include such information as name of child, birthdate and place, if still-born, illegitimate or twin, gender, race and record number.
- Michigan Marriage Registrations, 1868-1925 -- Free name indexes at FamilySearch - Pilot. Records include such information as names of bride and groom, date of license, ages, race, residences, birthplaces, occupations and names of the fathers of the bride and groom.
- Michigan Death Registrations, 1867-1897 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch - Pilot. Records include such information as name of deceased, date and place of death, gender, color, marital status, age in years, months and days, disease or apparent cause of death, birthplace, names and occupations of parents, and the date the record was made.
Societies and Libraries
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Clinton County MIGenWeb Project, an member of The MIGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).