Clinton County, Michigan Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 18:14, 20 October 2008 by Standingve
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
- Named for DeWitt Clinton, U.S. Senator and Governor of New York
1831--Clinton County was created 2 March 1831 from unoganized territory.
County seat: St. Johns 
- Cities: DeWitt . East Lansing . Grand Ledge . St. Johns
- Villages: Eagle . Elsie . Fowler . Hubbardston . Maple Rapids . Ovid . Westphalia
- Townships: Bath . Bengal . Bingham . Dallas . DeWitt . Duplain . Eagle . Essex . Greenbush . Lebanon . Olive . Ovid . Riley . Victor . Watertown . Westphalia
- Communities: Bath . Eureka . Matherton . Shepardsville . Wacousta
Societies and Libraries
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Clinton County MIGenWeb Project, an member of The MIGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).