Cleveland County, North Carolina Genealogy
|Cleveland County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Cleveland County Courthouse
11 East Marion St
P O Box 1210
Shelby, North Carolina 28150
Register of Deeds has birth and death records from 1914
Marriage records from 1851 and land records from 1841
Clerk Superior Court has divorce records from 1921
Probate records from 1843 & Circuit records from 1914
Cleveland county was formed from Rutherford and Lincoln 11 Jan 1841
Cleaveland was originally used but the present spelling was adopted in 1887.
For tips on accessing Cleveland County, North Carolina Genealogy census records online, see: North Carolina Census.
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
- Cleveland County Obituaries - misc. obits; from GenealogyBuff.com
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb Project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Cleveland County NCGenWeb
- USGenWeb Archives-Cleveland County, NC
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Cleveland County, North Carolina. Page 507 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).