Clay County, Nebraska Genealogy
Clay County, Nebraska genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Clay County, Nebraska|
Location in the state of Nebraska
Location of Nebraska in the U.S.
|Founded||February 16, 1867|
|County Seat||Clay Center|
|Address|| Clay County Courthouse|
111 W. Fairfield Street
Clay Center, Nebraska 68933
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Clay County Courthouse
111 W Fairfield St;
Clay Center, NE 68933
County Clerk has birth and death records 1917-1918,
marriage and land records from 1871 and military records 1921.
Clerk District Court has divorce and naturalization records.
County Court has probate records. 
1867--Clay County was created 16 February 1867 from unorganized territory.
County seat: Clay Center 
For tips on accessing Clay County, Nebraska Genealogy census records online, see: Nebraska Census.
Early migration routes to and from Clay County, Nebraska Genealogy for European and African American settlers included:
Vital Records consist of births, adoptions, marriages, divorces, and deaths recorded on registers, certificates, and documents. A copy or an extract of most original records can be purchased from the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services or the County Clerk's office of the county where the event occurred.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Clay County, Nebraska page 429, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- "Henry Clay," Wikipedia.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- National Park Service, "(Auto Tour Route) Maps" in Oregon National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/oreg/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- National Park Service, "(Auto Tour Route) Maps" in California National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/cali/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- National Park Service, "Auto Tour Route Maps" in Mormon Pioneer National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/mopi/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).