Clatsop County, Oregon Trivia Tidbits
Adair Point; there are three small promontories between Hug Point and the community of Arch Cape. The northmost one was named in 1890s by the Samuel Adair family who owned the property that is now the Hug Point State Park parking lot. Adair, the son of General John Adair, first collector of customs at Astoria, was also prominent in Clatsop County affairs, father of Lieutenant Henry Rodney Adair for whom the Camp Adair was named (located in Benton County.)
Adair Slough; empties into Youngs Bay. Named for John Adair and his wife, Dr. Berthenia Owens-Adair, the first woman doctor in Oregon. She came to Oregon with her parents in 1843 and settled on the Clatsop Plains. See: Dr. Owens-Adair: Some of her Life Experiences.