Clark County, Kansas Genealogy
Clark County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Clark County, Kansas|
Location in the state of Kansas
Location of Kansas in the U.S.
|Founded||March 7, 1885|
|Address|| Clark County Courthouse|
913 Highland Street
Ashland, Kansas 67831-0886
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Clark County Courthouse
913 Highland Street
Ashland, KS 67831
County Clerk has birth records 1904-1910.
City Clerk has birth and burial records from 1910.
Probate Judge has marriage and probate records.
Clerk District Court has divorce and court records.
Register of Deeds has land records. 
Land and property records can place an ancestor in a particular location, provide economic information, and reveal family relationships. Land records include: deeds, abstracts and indexes, mortgages, leases, grants and land patents.
See Kansas Land and Property for additional information about early Kansas land grants. After land was transferred to private ownership, subsequent transactions were usually recorded at the county courthouse, where records are currently housed.
- For information about Civil War records see Ford County.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Clark County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Clark County, Kansas 249 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).