Clallam County, Washington Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 01:43, 16 April 2013 by HillierLW (seo)
Guide to Clallam County Washington genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Clallam County, Washington|
Location in the state of Washington
Location of Washington in the U.S.
|Founded||April 26, 1854|
|County Seat||Port Angeles|
|Address|| Clallam County Courthouse|
223 E 4th Street PO Box 863
Port Angeles, WA 98362-3025
Clallam County Website
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 Resources
- 2.1 Bible Records
- 2.2 Biography
- 2.3 Cemeteries
- 2.4 Census
- 2.5 Church Records
- 2.6 Court Records
- 2.7 Emigration and Immigration
- 2.8 Ethnic, Political or Religious Groups
- 2.9 Gazetteers
- 2.10 Genealogy
- 2.11 History
- 2.12 Land and Property
- 2.13 Maps
- 2.14 Migration
- 2.15 Military
- 2.16 Naturalization and Citizenship
- 2.17 Newspapers
- 2.18 Obituaries
- 2.19 Periodicals
- 2.20 Probate
- 2.21 Public Records
- 2.22 Repositories
- 2.23 Taxation
- 2.24 Vital Records
- 2.25 Websites
- 3 Places
- 4 References
- Parent County: created 26 April 1854 from Jefferson County 
- County Seat: Port Angeles
- Originally spelled Clalm. Named for the lands of the Klallam (Makah and Quileute tribes.)
- Includes the Olympic Peninsula, home of the Olympic National Park, the Rain Forest of the Pacific Northwest.
- Permament settlement by non-Indians occurred after 1850.
- Port Angeles has been the county seat since 1890 when it was incorporated as a city.
- Additional history of Clallam County at Washington's HistoryLink.org
- Neighboring Counties: Jefferson
- 29 January 1868, Quillehute County was created, but it reverted back to Clallam and Jefferson counties in 1870. Records created in both counties.
- 1890 Veterans
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political or Religious Groups
Land and Property
Naturalization and Citizenship
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Forks Washington Family History Center
- Port Angeles Washington Family History Center
- Washington Death Certificates 1907-1960 A free internet index to the 1907-1960 death certificates can be found at FamilySearch Record Search, no images are available. A transcribed death certificate may contain such information as name of the deceased, date and place of death, age, gender, birth date and birth place, mother’s maiden name and name of spouse, place of residence, occupation and certificate numbers.
- The Clallam County WAGenWeb Project, a member of The WAGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Clallam County.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Clallam County. (Mirror site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library Catalog for Clallam County.
- Clallam County, Washington Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Clallam County, Washington page 732, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.