Chouteau County, Montana Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Chouteau County Courthouse
1308 Franklin Street
Fort Benton, MT 59442
County Clerk has birth and death records from 1895,
burial records and land from 1878; Clerk Courts has
marriage records from 1888, divorce and court records
from 1879 & pro rec from 1892
1865--Chouteau County was created 2 February 1865 as an original county. County seat: Fort Benton
|Big Sandy||Fort Benton||Loma|
|Box Elder||Geraldine||Parker School|
The Rocky Boy's Indian Reservation is located primarily in Hill County, with a smaller portion in northeastern Chouteau County.
For tips on accessing Chouteau County, Montana Genealogy census records online, see: Montana Census.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- Fort Benton
- See an interactive map of Chouteau County cemeteries and modern-day townships. (Histopolis)
For marriages from 1881-1900 see Western States Marriage Index.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), p. 415.