Choctaw County, Oklahoma Genealogy
Choctaw County, Oklahoma genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Choctaw County, Oklahoma|
| Map of Oklahoma highlighting Choctaw County|
Location in the state of Oklahoma
Location of Oklahoma in the U.S.
|Founded||July 16, 1907|
|Address|| Choctaw County Courthouse|
300 E. Duke Street
Hugo, Oklahoma 74743
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1907--Choctaw County was created 16 July 1907 from Choctaw Lands.
County seat: Hugo 
See an interactive map of Choctaw County border changes.
- Goodland Cemetery, Hugo BillionGraves
For tips on accessing Choctaw County, Oklahoma Genealogy census records online, see: Oklahoma Census.
Civil War Battle
The following Civil War Battle was fought in Choctaw County
Map showing Civil war battles in Oklahoma
- Newspaperarchive.com ($) has historical newspapers available on-line. Their database has The Paris News (Paris, TX) from 1925 that may include residents from Choctaw County.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Chocktaw County, Oklahoma. Page 557 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 7 August 2012)