Chilcote, Derbyshire Genealogy
CHILCOTE, a chapelry, in the parish of CliftonCampville, union of Tamworth, hundred of Repton and Gresley, S. division of the county of Derby, 6½ miles (S. W. by W.) from Ashby-de-la-Zouch. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Chilcote St Matthew chapel of ease to Clifton Campville, Staffordshire
Deposited parish registers at Staffordshire Record Office Bap 1595-2006 Mar 1595-1734 Bur 1595-1734
Lichfield Record Office holdings of Bishop's Transcripts Bap 1813-1860 Mar None Bur None Missing Bap 1853-1854, 1856
To find the names of the neighbouring parishes, use Jurisdictions 1851. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click Options and click List contiguous parishes.
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Derbyshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 593-597. Date accessed: 03 May 2013.