Chicot County, Arkansas Genealogy
|Chicot County, Arkansas|
Location in the state of Arkansas
Location of Arkansas in the U.S.
|Founded||October 25, 1823|
|County Seat||lake Village|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
See an interactive map of Chicot County boundary changes at N2Genealogy.
- Bolivar County, Mississippi
- East Carroll Parish, Louisiana
- Issaquena County, Mississippi
- Morehouse Parish, Louisiana
- Washington County, Mississippi
- West Carroll Parish, Louisiana
Civil War Battle
The following Civil War battle was fought in Chicot County.
- June 6, 1864 = Old River Lake, also known as Ditch Bayou, Lake Chicot, Lake Village, Furlough, Fish Bayou, or Grand Lake
- Map showing Civil War battles in Arkansas.
Men from this county served in the 3rd Regiment, Arkansas Calvary (Union)1 and the 1st Regiment, Arkansas Mounted Rifles (Confederate)2
1 Allen, Desmond Walls. Third Arkansas Union Cavalry (Desmond Walls Allen: Conway, Arkansas) 1987, pp. 33-92.
2 Allen, Desmond Walls. First Arkansas Confederate Mounted Rifle's (Desmond Walls Allen: Conway AR, 1988) p. 2.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Chicot County, Arkansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 15 August, 2012)