Chickasaw County, Iowa Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Chickasaw County Courthouse
8 East Prospect St.
P.O. Box 14
New Hampton, Iowa 50659-0014
1851--Chickasaw County was created 15 January 18151 from unorganized territory. It was attached to Fayette County prior to organization 12 September 1853. County seat: New Hampton 
March 26, 1880 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
- Burned Counties Research in FamilySearch Wiki
- Michael John Neill, Burned Counties in Family History Circle
- Chickasaw County Cemeteries by Iowa GenWeb Project
Societies and Libraries
- Chickasaw County Iowa Genealogical Society
- Chickasaw County Iowa Genweb Page
- Family History Library Catalog
- Chickasaw County, Iowa Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).