Cherry County, Nebraska Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1883--Cherry County was created 23 February 1883 from unorganized territory. County seat: Valentine 
- Bennett County, South Dakota
- Keya Paha
- Shannon County, South Dakota
- Todd County, South Dakota
- Tripp County, South Dakota
- Publication from the Economic Development Department with several nice color photos of the area is available at: COMMUNITY FACTS OF VALENTINE, NEBRASKA
- Here is the link to the local library for a catalog and contact information to the local library that contains history of the area: Valentine Public Library. Marianne Beel has done a nice job on several Sandhill area local histories such as "Sandhill in my Shoes: Four decades of sandhill stories and history" found at the Valentine Public library: .
The Valentine Midland News is the primary newspaper in the area. Information on this newspaper can be found at: Nebraska Press Association
Also, back issues of prior newspapers that have been microfilmed are available; index found at: NebraskaHistory.Org
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).