Difference between revisions of "Chelan County, Washington Genealogy"
From FamilySearch Wiki
(added nav box)
|Line 135:||Line 135:|
Revision as of 20:19, 13 October 2010Template:Washington-stubUnited States > Washington > Chelan County
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
350 Orondo St
Wenatachee, WA 98801
- "Chelan" derives from a Chelan Indian word meaning "deep water,"
- 14 Dec 1872, a very powerful earthquake centered near Lake Chelan was felt over 300,000 square miles, extending from Victoria, British Columbia south past Baker City, Oregon, southwest past Portland, Oregon. There are many small accounts of the quake in historical books and historical newspapers. It triggered additional quakes at the Yellowstone National Park. Aftershocks were observed for next 2 years. Additional information
No new counties created from this county.
Places / Localities
- Washington State Digital Archives has a database for Marriage Records.This database is an index to marriage records filed with the Auditor in Chelan County, Washington, from 1900 to 1920. The records contained within this index include Marriage Returns (1900-1910) and Marriage Certificates (1911-1920).
- Washington Death Certificates 1907-1960 A free internet index to the 1907-1960 death certificates can be found at FamilySearch Record Search, no images are available. A transcribed death certificate may contain such information as name of the deceased, date and place of death, age, gender, birth date and birth place, mother’s maiden name and name of spouse, place of residence, occupation and certificate numbers.
Societies and Libraries
- The Chelan County WAGenWeb Project, a member of The WAGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Chelan County.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Chelan County. (Mirror site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library Catalog for Chelan County.
- Chelan County, Washington Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).