Cheboygan County, Michigan Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 23:56, 20 August 2011 by Sandralpond (add links to FHC's)
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Cheboygan County Courthouse
870 South Main St.
P. O. Box 70
Cheboygan, MI 49721
Phone: (231) 627-8809
- City: Cheboygan
- Villages: Mackinaw City . Wolverine
- Townships: Aloha . Beaugrand . Benton . Burt . Ellis . Forest . Grant . Hebron. Inverness . Koehler . Mackinaw . Mentor . Mullett . Munro . Nunda . Tuscarora . Walker . Waverly . Wilmot (note: There was Maple Grove, became part of Forest in 1942.)
- Communities: Afton . Aloha . Burt Lake . Elmhurst . Indian River . Mullett Lake . Topinabee
- Michigan Birth Registrations, 1867-1902 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch - Pilot. Records include such information as name of child, birthdate and place, if still-born, illegitimate or twin, gender, race and record number.
- Michigan Marriage Registrations, 1868-1925 -- Free name indexes at FamilySearch - Pilot. Records include such information as names of bride and groom, date of license, ages, race, residences, birthplaces, occupations and names of the fathers of the bride and groom.
- Michigan Death Registrations, 1867-1897 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch - Pilot. Records include such information as name of deceased, date and place of death, gender, color, marital status, age in years, months and days, disease or apparent cause of death, birthplace, names and occupations of parents, and the date the record was made.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Cheboygan County MIGenWeb Project, an member of The MIGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).