Chase County, Kansas Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
- 1859--Chase County was created 11 February 1859 from Butler and Wise (Old) Counties. County seat: Cottonwood Falls 
Men from Chase County enlisted in the following regiments and companies in the Civil War:
Regiment 2, Compnies Fand D; Regiment 5 Cavalry; Regiment 6, Missouri; Regiment 7, Company H; Regiment 9, Companies B, D, I, M; Regiment 10, Companies I and Q; Regiment 11, Companies M and C, Cavalry; Regiment 15, Company H; Regiment 17, Company C.
Chase County Death and Obituary Index for the period 1863-2005. Index gives name and newspaper date of obituary and provides information ordering a copy.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Chase County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).