Charterhouse, Middlesex Genealogy
Return to the Middlesex Parishes page.
Charter House, a hospital with a dedicated chapel on its premises, was located on the north side of Charter House Square, Aldersgate Street. While the hospital is of early 13th century origins, its chapel was built by about 1613. "Thomas Sutton, Esq", a benevolent who bequeathed "£5000 a year" and over £60,000 in monies to the hospital, was to have had his remains interred in its chapel in "December 1814".