Difference between revisions of "Charterhouse, Middlesex Genealogy"

From FamilySearch Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 1: Line 1:
 
Return to the [[Middlesex Parishes]] page.  
 
Return to the [[Middlesex Parishes]] page.  
  
Charter House, a hospital with a dedicated chapel on its premises, was located on the north side of Charter House Square, Aldersgate Street. While the hospital is of early 13th century origins, its original chapel (once called "Newchurch Haw") was replaced later when a chapel was built by about 1613. "Thomas Sutton, Esq", a benevolent who bequeathed "£5000 a year" and over £60,000 in monies to the hospital, had his remains interred in its chapel in "December 1814".
+
Charter House, a hospital with a dedicated chapel [extra-parochial] on its premises, was located on the north side of Charter House Square, Aldersgate Street. While the hospital is of early 13th century origins, its original chapel (once called "Newchurch Haw") was replaced later when a chapel was built by about 1613. "Thomas Sutton, Esq", a benevolent who bequeathed "£5000 a year" and over £60,000 in monies to the hospital, had his remains interred in its chapel in "December 1814".

Revision as of 21:59, 5 April 2010

Return to the Middlesex Parishes page.

Charter House, a hospital with a dedicated chapel [extra-parochial] on its premises, was located on the north side of Charter House Square, Aldersgate Street. While the hospital is of early 13th century origins, its original chapel (once called "Newchurch Haw") was replaced later when a chapel was built by about 1613. "Thomas Sutton, Esq", a benevolent who bequeathed "£5000 a year" and over £60,000 in monies to the hospital, had his remains interred in its chapel in "December 1814".