Charleston South Carolina Family History Center
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map: 1519 Sam Rittenburg Blvd, Charleston, SC
- This Family History Center (FHC Charleston SC) is located in the rear of the LDS Church at 1519 Sam Rittenburg Blvd (left-most door when looking at church from rear parking lot). A door bell is on the left wall of FHC Charleston entry alcove - be sure to ring the bell to let us know you want to enter.
Directions to FHC Charleston SC
- From I-26: Take exit 216A at Cosgrove Avenue & cross the Ashley River. Once across the bridge, you are on Sam Rittenberg Blvd (also known as SC Hwy 7). Continue on Sam Rittenburg Blvd (SC Hwy 7) for 1.8 miles. The church is on the left, 0.3 miles after you pass Ashley Plaza shopping center.
- From Savannah Hwy, US-17: Follow Sam Rittenburg Blvd (SC Hwy 7) for 2.3 miles. The church is on the right, 0.4 miles after you pass Village Square shopping center.
Open Hours: Tue-Wed-Thu, 10am-9pm / Fri-Sat, 10am-2pm / closed Sun-Mon
Holiday Schedule: Check the FHC Charleston SC Calendar webpage.
Calendar and Events
- Annual Workshop: held 3rd Saturday each October
- Monthly Evening Classes: one per month on Tuesdays, 7pm-8:30pm
More info available on FHC Charleston SC Events webpage
FHC Charleston SC currently has over 1300 shelved books on genealogy and/or history related topics, plus over 5000 films and fiche from the Family History Library Catalog.
- Book Inventory: An inventory of books available at FHC Charleston SC.
- Family History Library Catalog: FHC Charleston SC can help you order any films or fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Subscriptions change over time so please visit the portal webpage for more details.
- 14 networked computers available for use by patrons, all with access to the FHC Portal.
- 3 microfilm workstations (microfilm viewing only).
- 1 Canon Microfilm Scanner 300 workstation (microfilm/microfiche viewing) with capability to make paper or digital copies.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.) <fck:hr>
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.) <fck:hr>
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.) </fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr>