Champaign County, Ohio Genealogy
|Champaign County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 Places / Localities
- 3 Resources
- 4 Societies and Libraries
- 5 Web Sites
- 6 References
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Franklin and Greene Counties in 1805.
- County Seat: Urbana
- Neighboring Counties: Champaign County, Ohio Genealogy residents may also have records in Logan (north) · Union (northeast) · Clark (south) · Shelby and Miami (west) · Madison (east)
1805--Champaign County was created 20 February 1805 from <a href="Greene County, Ohio">Greene</a> and <a href="Franklin County, Ohio">Franklin</a> Counties.
County seat: Urbana The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002)
See an interactive map of Champaign County boundary changes.
Places / Localities
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Miami Valley Genealogy Index is an Index to more than a half million pointers to records all over Miami Valley including Champaign County.
- Civil War, 1861-1865
Civil War service men from Champaign County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Champaign County.
- - 113th Regiment, Ohio Infantry , Companies E and K
- Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
Societies and Libraries
Champaign County Chapter, Ohio Genealogical Society . PO Box 682 . Urbana, OH 43078-0680
Family History Centers
1. The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002)
- Wikipedia contributors, "Mahoning County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahoning_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).