Catawba County, North Carolina Genealogy
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1842--Catawba County was formed from the northern section of Lincoln County.
County seat: Newton 
Many court records missing.
The Catawba County Genealogical Society has published several helpful volumes of cemetery records and marriage records. Researchers will find their webpage within the Catawba County NCGenWeb site helpful.
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog.
- Catawba County NCGenweb Project, a member of The NCGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).