Cass County, Minnesota Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Cass County Courthouse
303 Minnesota Avenue West
P.O. Box 3000
Walker, MN 56484
Phone: 218-547-7260 218-547-7247
County Treasurer has birth and death records from 1896
and marriage records from 1897.
Clerk District Court has divorce records from 1899, court records from 1898,
probate and naturalization records.
City or Town Clerks have burial records.
- 1851--Cass County was created 31 March 1851 from Dakota, Pembina (Old), Mahkahta, Eliminated 1 Sep 1851, and Wahnata, Eliminated 1 Sep 1851, Counties.
County seat: Walker 
- For a brief history of how Cass County was named, click here, then select Cass County.
Ansel Township | Barclay Township | Becker Township | Beulah Township | Birch Lake Township | Blind Lake Township | Boy Lake Township | Boy River Township | Bull Moose Township | Bungo Township | Byron Township | Crooked Lake Township | Deerfield Township | Fairview Township | Gould Township | Hiram Township | Home Brook Township | Inguadona Township | Kego Township | Leech Lake Township | Lima Township | Loon Lake Township | Maple Township | May Township | McKinley Township | Meadow Brook Township| Moose Lake Township | Otter Tail Peninsula Township | Pike Bay Township | Pine Lake Township | Pine River Township | Ponto Lake Township | Poplar Township | Powers Township | Remer Township | Rogers Township | Salem Township | Shingobee Township | Slater Township | Smoky Hollow Township | Sylvan Township | Thunder | Lake Township | Torrey Township | Trelipe Township || Turtle Lake Township | Wabedo Township | Walden Township | Wilkinson Township | Wilson Township | Woodrow Township
Wahnena | North Cass | North Central Cass | East Cass
Outing | Pontoria
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Cass County, MN Genealogy Forum (GenForum)
- Family History Library Catalog
- Cass County GenWeb
- Cyndi's List: Cass County
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Cass County, Minnesota page 363, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).