Carver County, Minnesota Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
- 1855--Carver County was created 20 February 1855 from Hennepin and Sibley Counties. County seat: Chaska 
- For a brief history of how Carver County was named, click here. Then select Carver County.
Carver | Chanhassen | Chaska | Cologne | Hamburg | Mayer | New Germany | Norwood Young | America | Victoria | Waconia | Watertown
Benton Township | Camden Township | Dahlgren Township | Hancock Township | Hollywood Township | Laketown Township | San Francisco Township | Waconia Township | Watertown Township | Young America Township
Civil War service men from Carver County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies or regiments that were formed from men of Carver County.
- - 3rd Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company B.
- - 4th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company A.
- - 5th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Companies D and E.
- - 6th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company G.
- - 9th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Companies B and H.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).