Carson County, Texas Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Carson County Courthouse
PO Box 487
Panhandle, TX 79068
County Clerk has birth and death records from 1903,
marriage records from 1888, divorce records from 1902,
probate records from 1907 and land records from 1883
First settled by Mexican farmers and ranchers in the early 1800's.
1876--Carson County was created 21 August 1876 from Bexar Land District. County seat: Panhandle 
The county was named for Samuel P. Carson, congressman and Republic of Texas secretary of state. (1798-1838). Samuel Price Carson, planter and lawmaker, son of John and Mary (Moffitt) Carson, was born at Pleasant Gardens, North Carolina, on January 22, 1798.
Places / Localities
Towns and Cities: | Groom | Panhandle | Skellytown | White Deer |
FindAGrave - cemetery transcriptions and photos for Carson County
Original Land Owners of Texas - USGenWeb Archives Project
- The Antler 1944 White Deer HS Yearbook - USGenWeb Archives Project
- The Lair 1938 Panhandle High School - USGenWeb Archives Project
- The Lair 1939 Panhandle High School - USGenWeb Archives Project
Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the Texas Genweb site
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903
Societies and Libraries
- TEXAS GenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county.
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Carson County, Texas. Page 660 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).