Carroll County, Mississippi Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 20:19, 15 November 2010 by Krikar (added companies and link to regiment)
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1833--Carroll County was created 23 December 1833 from the Choctaw Cession. County records are housed in and Vaiden. County seat: Carrollton 
Places / Localities
- Civil War service men from Carroll County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Carroll County.
- - 1st Battalion, Mississippi Cavalry (Miller's)
- Company C - Carroll Rangers
- - 1st Battalion, Mississippi Sharpshooters
- Company A - Coms Avengers
- - 1st Regiment, Mississippi Light Artillery
- Company E - Carroll Light Artillery
- Company L - Vaiden Artillery
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Charles Carroll of Carrollton, Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Carroll_of_Carrollton.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).