Carroll County, Indiana Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Locality
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1826--Carroll County was created 7 January 1826 from unorganized territory. County seat: Delphi 
Civil War service men from Carroll County served in various regiments. Men often joined a regiment or a company (within a regiment)that originated in their county. Listed below are the military units that were formed in or had many men from Carroll County.
- 2nd Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Company K
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Carroll County, Indiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Charles Carroll of Carrollton, Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Carroll_of_Carrollton.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).