Carbon County, Wyoming Genealogy
Carbon County, Wyoming is a county in southern Wyoming.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Carbon County Courthouse
PO Box 6;
Rawlins, WY 82301
County Clerk has marriage records from 1876
and land records from 1880; Clerk District
Court has divorce, probate and court records;
see Nebraska for 1860 census
1868--Carbon County was created 16 December 1868 as an original county. County seat: Rawlins 
- Jackson County, Colorado
- Moffat County, Colorado
- Routt County, Colorado
|Baggs||Dillon (hist.)||Ferris (hist.)||Marvin Place (hist.)||Riverside||Sinclair|
|Battle (hist.)||Dixon||Fort Steele||McFadden||Rudefeha (hist.)||Walcott|
|Benton||Edson||Grand Encampment(hist.)||Medicine Bow||Ryan Park||Widdowfield (hist.)|
|Carbon||Elk Mountain||Hanna||Morrisey (hist.)||Sampo (hist.)|
|Copperton (hist.)||Elmo||Ivans Grove (hist.)||Muddy Gap||Saratoga|
|Coyote Springs||Elwood (hist.)||Lamont||Rambler (hist.)||Savery|
|Dexterville (hist.)||Encampment||Leo||Rawlins||Shirley (hist.)|
For a list of people buried in the folowing Cemeteries see FHL 978.786 V3m:
Baggs, Baker, Anderson, Encampment, Grand Encampment, Mountain View-Riverside, Wyoming State Penitentiary, Rawlins City, Saratoga, Cadwell, Indian Creek, Baggott, Overland Crossing, Higby, Battle, Graves in County, Kennaday, Reader, Elk Mountain, Hanna, Fort Steele, Medicine Bow-Trails End Cemetery, Carbon, Dixon, Mexican Flats, Birdgulch, McCarger, Anderson Ranch, Saulsbury Ranch (These were recorded in the summer of 1998. At the beginning of each section is directions to find the cemetery and a map of the cemetery.)
For tips on accessing Carbon County, Wyoming Genealogy census records online, see: Wyoming Census.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- Rawlins Wyoming Branch. Record of Members 1924-1936.
Early migration routes to and from Carbon County, Wyoming Genealogy for European and African American settlers included:
1,432 marriages from 21 Nov 1870 to 24 Nov 1909 are listed on the Western States Marriage Index.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Baggs Wyoming Family History Center
- Hanna Wyoming Family History Center
- Rawlins Wyoming Family History Center
- Saratoga Wyoming Family History Center
- The Carbon County WY GenWeb Project, a member of The WYGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project
- County Clerk
- Lookups (GenWeb)
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), p. 766. Carbon County, Wyoming
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Jim Tompkins, "The Oregon Trail 1841-1848 Map III" in Oregon Trail Landmarks at http://www.oregonpioneers.com/OTMap3.jpg (accessed 18 July 2011).
- "Oregon California Trails Association" at http://octatrails.micromaps.com/ (accessed 18 July 2011).
- "The Pioneer Story: The Mormon Pioneer Trail" in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at http://lds.org/gospellibrary/pioneer/pioneerstory.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).