Canterbury, Kent Places of Worship
- 1 Anglican places of worship
- 2 Non- Conformist Places of worship
Anglican places of worship
Anglican places of worship in the City of Canterbury are described both in Kent Parishes and additionally are partially reflected in A comprehensive list of Churches and Parishes in Canterbury, Kent
Non- Conformist Places of worship
Zoar Particular Baptists
Countess of Huntingdon's Connexion
Wincheap Burial Ground
Wincheap Burial Ground records 1911-1927 contain Baptist, Congregational and Countess of Huntingdon's Connexion burials and are found in the Canterbury Cathedral Archives
The French protestant refugees were initially assigned to "The Strangers Church" in 1575 see Canterbury St Alphege, Kent but later were transferred to the western crypt of Canterbury Christchurch Cathedral, Kent The present day French Protestant Chapel is located in the Black Prince's Chantry in a small area of the Western Crypt.
Records are held at the National Archives with copies at the Centre for Kentish Studies Maidstone
See also Kent Family History Society for description of the record holdings.